Hyperstar!





 Got my self a Hyperstar for Christmas. Really like this thing. It pulls in so much more light then my 80mm APO. I'm able to gather more than 10x the data in a night! 

But, as always with new equipment, comes new challenges. I like to keep my scope setup intact over periods of many months to improve quality and reduce the time it takes to setup. The problem with the HS is that it hangs your image train off the front, preventing you from being able to put a dust cover on, and leaving it catastrophically vulnerable to bumps and mishaps. 

So my solution was to 3D print a dew shield that incorporates a wire guide (to prevent diffusion spikes), and includes a bahtinov mask for focusing, along with a cover to keep everything clean and safe. I'm super happy with the design, and it's performance. 







I freely share the design here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4650652







Comments