Secondary adjustment


 

Secondary adjustment

June 8th

For now I think that I'm done aligning my corrector plate. I'm happy with my method of aligning the corrector since I was able to get great results. I was hoping to actually image, but I found no targets between the trees at my house! So I switched to native focal length since there are some small objects to see. I had no plan for aligning the native focal length though, and last night spent all of my time trying to align the secondary mirror using a tri-bahtinov mask -- wow that was painful!. I think that my corrector is centered so the secondary mirror should just be flat, but I don't know how to set it flat! I think that you were able to do that, but with quite a bit of work drilling holes and measuring. I don't know how to test if my secondary is orthogonal, so I think that I'm going to just follow a modified version of my procedure to align the corrector. Here's the plan:

  1. Defocus
  2. adjust the tilt until all elongations are pointing to the center of the image
  3. Test with ASTAP
  4. Profit!

Comments