Losmandy RA string bias

 New project: 

Make an east bias using weights and pulley wheels. This is an overdone machined implementation of a well known biasing system to keep the worm tight, and backlash at a minimum. 

I'm just about finished with the first version, but have yet to test it. I honestly don't think that I can expect an improvement over a well adjusted worm which is what I have now. I find it very time consuming to get the worm adjusted just right. It might take days to get it dialed in, but that's what I have now. When it's dialed in nicely I can normally expect RMS to go between 0.8 and 0.4. My guess is that the if the RA bias works, it will allow a quicker, more sloppy worm adjustment to achieve similar results. 

No numbers yet, but here is the progress so far: 


























Comments